What is Aesthetic Dentistry?
Aesthetics Dentistry is a process of improving the appearance of your smile. The most common reason people seek out this type of treatment is to improve their overall appearance, but other reasons exist. Some people may want to correct a misaligned bite or crooked teeth. Others may have suffered an injury that has caused damage to their teeth. And still, others may want to whiten their teeth. No matter your reason for seeking out aesthetic dentistry, some different procedures can improve your smile’s appearance. These include:
- Teeth whitening: This is one of the most common procedures aesthetic dentists perform. It can be done in-office or at home and can dramatically improve the appearance of your teeth.
- Bonding: This procedure involves bonding a thin layer of tooth-colored material to the front of your teeth. Bonding can be used to correct many different cosmetic issues, including chips, cracks, and gaps.
- Veneers: Veneers are thin, porcelain shells bonded to the front of your teeth. They can be used to correct several different cosmetic issues, including misshapen or stained teeth.
- Inlays and Onlays: These are custom-made pieces of porcelain used to repair damage to the chewing surfaces of your teeth.
- Dentures: Dentures are removable replacements for missing teeth. They can be used to restore the function and appearance of your smile. If you’re interested in exploring aesthetics dentistry, the first step is to consult with a qualified dentist.
Aesthetics dentistry is a specialized field, and not all dentists are trained in this type of treatment. But, with the help of a skilled dentist, you can achieve the smile of your dreams.
The benefits of aesthetic dentistry
Aesthetic dentistry can have many benefits, both cosmetic and functional. Some of the most common benefits associated with this type of treatment include:
- Improved appearance: One of the most apparent benefits of aesthetic dentistry is that it can improve the overall appearance of your smile. If you’re unhappy with your teeth look, this treatment can help you achieve the smile you’ve always wanted.
- Enhanced self-esteem: Aesthetic dentistry can also enhance your self-esteem and confidence. If you’re unhappy with your smile, it can affect your ability to interact with others. This type of treatment can help you feel better about yourself and improve your social interactions.
- Improved oral health: Aesthetic dentistry can also improve your oral health. Correcting your teeth and bite problems can reduce your risk of developing cavities, gum disease, and other dental problems.
- Increased comfort: This type of treatment can also increase your comfort level. If you’re unhappy with how your teeth look, you may be self-conscious about smiling or talking. Aesthetic dentistry can help you feel more comfortable and confident when interacting with others.
Aesthetic Dentistry is a process of improving the appearance of your smile. Dentists who provide this type of care are specially trained to correct various cosmetic dental problems.
Various Materials used in Aesthetic Dentistry
Some different materials can be used in aesthetic dentistry, including:
- Porcelain: Porcelain is one of the most popular materials used in this type of treatment. It’s strong and durable, and it can be matched to the color of your natural teeth.
- Composite resin: Composite resin is another popular material used in aesthetic dentistry.
It can be compared to the color of your natural teeth, and it’s also strong and durable.
- Dental implants: Dental implants are another option for those looking to improve their smile. This treatment involves surgically placing metal posts in the jawbone, which support artificial teeth.
- Dentures: Dentures are another option for those who are looking to improve their smile.
This treatment involves wearing a set of false teeth, which can be removed when needed.
Enamel Shaping and Contouring
Enamel shaping and contouring is a type of aesthetic dentistry that can be used to correct some different cosmetic issues. This type of treatment involves removing small amounts of tooth enamel to change the shape or contour of the teeth. It can be used to correct many different cosmetic issues, including:
- Crooked teeth
- Chipped teeth
- Uneven teeth
- Gaps between teeth
Dental braces are another option for those looking to improve their smile. This treatment involves wearing a set of metal brackets and wires on the teeth, which gradually move the teeth into the desired position.
Invisalign is aesthetic dentistry that can be used to correct some different cosmetic issues.
This treatment involves wearing a set of clear, custom-made aligners that gradually move the teeth into the desired position.
The Bottom Line
Aesthetic dentistry can be used to improve the appearance of your smile. This treatment can correct several different cosmetic issues, including crooked teeth, chipped teeth, uneven teeth, and gaps between teeth. Aesthetic dentistry can also improve your oral health by correcting your teeth and bite problems. If you’re unhappy with your smile, aesthetic dentistry can help you feel more comfortable and confident when interacting with others.
Please consult with your dentist to see if aesthetic dentistry is right for you.