Currently, cloud computing has gained immense importance across various sectors. As organizations try to modernize and keep up with their competitors, they look for professionals with expertise in this field. Microsoft Azure has emerged as one of the top cloud computing platforms, second only to AWS. However, various features that Azure comes with have made it a better choice than AWS for many enterprises. The AZ 104 certification is necessary for professionals aiming for the Azure Administrator role.
What is the Microsoft AZ certification?
The AZ-104 Microsoft certification has replaced the AZ-103 certification as the standard requisite for becoming an Azure administrator. Therefore, it validates a professional’s skills for this job role. An Azure administrator has to implement, monitor, and manage the Azure environment of an organization. He/she would also have to recommend the necessary services to meet the optimal scalability and unlock the full potential of the infrastructure. Undergoing a training course for this certification helps to build up these skills well. Adequate preparations make the azure certification cost worth it.
How to go about the preparations?
For professionals who wish to build a career in Azure infrastructures, the AZ-104 certification is essentially worth obtaining. However, this examination can be quite tough if the candidate does not prepare well. Here are a few tips regarding preparing for this Microsoft Azure certification examination.
1. Online training: Firstly, professional training is always helpful for exams in such technical and complex fields. That way, you would gain all the necessary expertise and professional skills for the administrator role. When you opt for an Azure certification training course at one of the leading institutions, you will gain access to valuable resources. Moreover, it also enables the candidates to seek the advice and guidance of industry experts.
2. Microsoft-recommended learning paths: The study guide from Microsoft can help candidates prepare for this exam. Microsoft Learn is a platform that allows aspirants to access online labs and control questions. It provides the candidates with valuable resources and important information. Some of the recommended modules and learning paths are:
- Managing resources in Azure
- Administering containers in Azure
- Administering infrastructure resources in Azure
- Architecting network infrastructure in Azure
- Managing security operations in Azure
3. Microsoft documentation: If you are confused regarding how to cover the theoretical aspects of this Microsoft Azure certification, the Microsoft documentation would be helpful. It might be a little challenging to find the proper documentation for the AZ-104 examination. Channelizing some effort, however, might help you uncover some valuable learning resources from these documentations.
4. Practice examinations: Practice exams have always played an essential role in preparing candidates for major examinations. This is especially relevant in the case of the AZ-104 examination. As it is a relatively new certification, reliable resources are hard to find. Practice exams can supplement this shortage by providing the students with essential questions. The lending institutions that offer practice exams design them to be as similar to the actual exam as possible. This helps the candidates to understand what to expect and develop the best strategies to clear the exam. Undergoing practice tests also enables the aspirants to gain an understanding of their strengths and weaknesses.
5. Official certification page: The official certification page on the Microsoft Website also offers valuable information. You may download the exam outline from this page and find information regarding registration, availability, and language.
Proper preparation for the Microsoft Cloud certification should be a mix of all of the above. Being aware of every detail and receiving adequate training, it becomes much easier to clear the AZ-104 examination.
What does the AZ-104 examination cover?
Before starting the preparations for any of the Microsoft Azure certifications, it is necessary to understand all the topics that the exam covers. The AZ-104 exam covers five key domains:
1. Managing Azure identities and governances: This domain constitutes 15% to 20% of the examination. It comes with the following subtopics:
- Role-based access control (RBAC) management
- Managing active directory objects
- Management of governance and subscription.
2. Implementing and managing storage: About 10% to 15% of the questions in the examination are from this domain. The subtopics that fall under it are:
- Configuring Azure blob storage and files
- Managing storage accounts
- Managing data in Azure storage
3. Deploying and managing Azure compute resources: Constituting about 25% to 35% of the questions, this domain is one of the most important. The subtopics are:
- Creating and configuring containers
- Creating and configuring VMs
- Creating and configuring web apps
- Automating VM deployment and configuration
- Configuring VMs for high scalability and availability
4. Configuring and managing virtual networking: Constituting about 30% to 35% of the questions in the exam, this domain covers:
- Integrating an Azure virtual network with an on-premise network
- Monitoring and troubleshooting virtual networking
- Configuring name resolution
- Configuring load balancing
- Securing access to virtual networks
- Implementing and managing virtual networks
5. Monitoring and backing up Azure resources: Covering about 10% to 15% of the examination, this domain comes with the following subtopics:
- Implementing backup and recovery
- Using Azure Monitor to monitor resources
Hence, the syllabus of the examination is quite extensive and can be challenging to tackle. Undergoing training for Azure certifications at leading institutions like Koenig would essentially be of great help.