With summer just around the corner, most people want not only to get in the best possible shape, but to feel completely confident in their own skin. Not everyone, however, has the ability to routinely hit the gym or adhere to a strict diet. Thankfully, these days, those looking for a quicker cosmetic alternative have the option to undergo non-invasive sculpting, toning, and facial rejuvenation treatments that altogether replace the need for surgery.
1. Non-Surgical Facelift / Liquid Facelift
Imagine a procedure that gives the results of a facelift without the need for extensive surgery. A “liquid facelift”, otherwise known as a non-surgical facelift, does not cut and pull the skin, but utilizes both BOTOX and facial filler injections to provide the best results. This treatment offers all the benefits of a normal surgical facelift but leaves behind no scars and has almost no downtime. Overall, the liquid facelift is an excellent treatment for those looking for more facial volume, wrinkle reduction, and a more youthful appearance.
2. Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty / Liquid Nose Job
Much like the liquid facelift, the “liquid nose job” uses fillers and BOTOX injections. It is ideal for those looking to improve their nose’s shape and structure without the hassle of surgery and potential scarring.
3. Non-Surgical Necklift
Non-surgical necklifts use Kybella (deoxycholic acid), a compound that eats away fat. Kybella is the first FDA-approved injectable for fat reduction, and it works wonders for both men and women.
4. Non-Surgical Body Contouring
CoolSculpting and CoolTone are two state-of-the-art devices that contour the body. CoolSculpting, on the one hand, is a cryolypolysis device that freezes, and thereby removes, stubborn body fat. CoolTone, on the other hand, does not freeze fat, but flexes and contracts underlying muscles for the purposes of toning. CoolTone and CoolSculpting work best when paired together on areas such as the buttocks, abdomen, biceps, triceps, and thighs, and both provide long-lasting results.
5. Facial Fillers
Facial fillers are some of the most common non-surgical treatments. The best-known brands include:
- Restylane – Offers a line of hyaluronic acid fillers that accomplish different aesthetic goals depending on injection site: Defyne, Refyne, Lyft, Sylk.
- Juvéderm – Also offers a line of hyaluronic acid fillers: Voluma XC, Ultra XC, Ultra Plus XC, Volbella XC, and Vollure XC.
- Radiesse – Using calcium hydroxide, a mineral, Radiesse smooths wrinkles by stimulating collagen production in the skin.
- Sculptra – Uses poly-L-lactic acid (PLLA) to restore facial volume.
- Belotero – Provides long-lasting results that refresh the face and smooth fine lines.
6. Facial Tightening
PiXel8-RF and ThermiTight are the most prominent facial tightening devices. PiXel8-RF dramatically reduces wrinkling, fine lines, large pores, and acne scars, while ThermiTight tightens looser skin on the face and neck.
7. Skincare Treatments
- Chemical Peels – Exfoliate damaged layers of the face and promote collagen production to leave the skin firm and smooth.
- Microdermabrasion – Uses a diamond-tipped want to refresh the pores and restore the skin’s youthful glow.
- Scar Treatments – One extremely effective scarring treatment is Fractional CO2 laser resurfacing, which smooths out acne scars and thus makes them far less noticeable.
8. Laser Resurfacing
Laser resurfacing uses light and heat to correct hyperpigmentation, enlarged pores, and profound wrinkles. The most popular laser devices are Fraxel (Fractional CO2 Laser), Erbium, and Clear + Brilliant, each of which excels in its own area. For example, Fraxel Laser works especially well for wrinkles, acne scars, and dark spots; Erbium is a perfect alternative to a chemical peel; and Clear + Brilliant removes dead skin and replaces it with healthier tissue.
9. Wrinkle Treatments
One of the best-known cosmetic treatments is BOTOX, an injectable that smooths deep lines. BOTOX uses a safe neurotoxin, Botulinum Toxin Type-A, that, when injected, relaxes muscles and prevents them from contracting. This also keeps new wrinkles from forming. Other excellent injectables include Dysport, Newtox, and Xeomin.
Platelet Rich Plasma, or PRP, is a fantastic modern treatment that heals and regenerates skin tissue through the injection of platelets, which are both naturally occurring in the body and a main component of the healing process. This compound encourages the body to repair damaged tissue, such as acne scars, worry lines, and age spots, and can increase platelet concentration by up to 500%.
If you’re interested in rejuvenating your face non-surgically, you must entrust your skin to professionals. J Spa Med Spa, for example, Long Island’s best medispa, is run by top New York facial plastic surgeon, Dr. Andrew Jacono, and provides some of the best treatment in the country to its patients. Call (516) 773-2424 to schedule a consultation today.