Joe makes it easy: Lemon & courgette puff pastry tart
SERVES 2 adults + 2 small kids
PREPARE: 10 minutes
COOK: 15-20 minutes
small bunch of basil
grated zest of 1 lemon
1 clove garlic, crushed
salt and pepper
2 tbsp olive oil
320g packet of ready rolled puff pastry (remove it from the fridge 15 minutes before needed)
2 tbsp sundried tomato paste
250g ricotta cheese
20g toasted pine nuts, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 240C/ 220C fan/gas 9 and line a baking tray with baking parchment.
- Using a speed peeler, peel the courgettes into ribbons and place the ribbons in a large bowl. Finely shred half the basil leaves and add them to the courgettes along with half the lemon zest, the crushed garlic, ½ teaspoon salt, some freshly ground black pepper and the olive oil. Toss everything together to evenly coat the courgette.
- Unroll the pastry and place it on the lined baking tray. Using the point of a sharp knife, score a line 1cm from the edge of the pastry, all the way round to form a frame. Prick the inside rectangle of pastry a couple of times with a fork.
- Spread the inside rectangle with the sundried tomato paste. Add the courgettes, piling them on top, and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the courgettes are tinged golden brown and the pastry is cooked through.
- While the pastry is cooking, mix the ricotta in a bowl with the remaining lemon zest and season with salt and pepper.
- When the pastry is out of the oven, add blobs of the seasoned ricotta, scatter over the remaining basil leaves and sprinkle over the pine nuts to serve.