There’s something extra romantic about a summer date night. Between the warm weather, starry night skies and an endless list of date-worthy summer activities, your summer outings are sure to be memorable. Since a summer date night can include anything from go kart racing to splurging on a fancy dinner, it can be hard to decide on the perfect outfit. Once you think about adding accessories, a cute handbag and the appropriate footwear into the mix, your decision becomes even more complex. If you need help deciding on a certain look or are just looking for general date night outfit inspiration, here are options for both casual and fancy occasions.
Source: Dean Drobot/ Shutterstock.com
- Carnival Casual: Now that the weather is warmer, your summer nights are bound to be full of outdoor evening activities. If the carnival comes to town, consider it the perfect opportunity for a date night. Even though it’s a casual occasion, it’s still fun to look cute while on your carnival date. Plus, you’re going to want to get some good candid shots at the cotton candy booth, on the ferris wheel and with your stuffed animal prize.
Even though summer whites are super cute, the carnival is neither the time nor the place for this color. Stick to a reliable combination of cute denim shorts and a fun summer top. Depending on your mood and personal style, you might pair your shorts with a bright summer crop top, a cool band t-shirt or a girly tank top with ruffle details. Don’t forget to add a crossbody bag and comfy sneakers to finish off the look.
- Low Key Dinner and a Movie: While still considered a casual date, the dinner and movie combo is a tiny bit nicer than a night at the carnival. If you know where you’re going for dinner, you can do a bit of research to see what the ambiance is like (and get a pre-date look at the menu, of course). Go for a fun and flirty outfit without overdressing.
When it comes to eating out at a semi-casual restaurant, you want to look cute while staying comfy and not feeling overdressed. Consider one of your cute two-piece sets in a fun color or pattern. A matching set gives a sense of effortlessness to the look without compromising on style. Pair this look with strappy sandals and a fun hair accessory. Don’t forget a sweater for the movie theater!
Source: Look Studio/ Shutterstock.com
- Night Swim: A night spent in the pool or hot tub calls for something more than just your regular sunbathing uniform. If you want to suggest a moonlight pool date, take a dip in your swimwear collection and pick a suit.
A date night swimsuit should be fun, flirty and flattering. As long as you feel beautiful and confident, there’s no wrong option for a date night suit. Dramatic necklines and cheeky bottoms are always a solid choice, though. If you feel best with more coverage in a tank top and shorts, then go for it! If you surprise your date with a dash of spontaneity and take the plunge in your clothes, they’re sure to follow.
- Wine and Dine: Some of the best summer date nights are spent at an outdoor table for two with a good bottle of wine and great conversation. For a more upscale dinner date, think about a classic date night look. Since this is different from a regular night out with your pals, you should take the time to choose a date night dress instead of throwing something together at the last minute.
Thankfully, a romantic midi dress is here to save the day. The below-the-knee length and style variation of a midi dress makes it both versatile and customizable. If you’re going for a flirty, girly look, try a floral midi dress with heeled sandals and a baguette bag. If sleek style is more your speed, throw on a black midi dress with black ankle boots, a denim jacket and a swipe of bold lip color for a model off-duty look.
Source: My Ocean Production/ Shutterstock.com
- A Formal Affair: Whether you’re getting to know one another or have been dating forever, it’s a big deal for someone to ask you to a wedding, gala or other upscale event. It shows they care about you and want to include you in that special evening. Show off your fancy date night style and have a ball!
Just because it’s a fancy event doesn’t mean you can’t let your personal style shine. Choose a dress that gives you an instant confidence boost and pair it with a pair of heels in a complementary or matching color. Break out your favorite pair of statement earrings and get ready to dance the night away in style.