Liquidation pallets are an increasing trend in the industry. Buying liquidation pallets saves you money and is a great way to stock up on supplies for your business. Many believe that all wholesalers are the same, but when it comes to liquidators, there is a wide range of customer care and quality.
Competitive rates on bulk merchandise from retail stores that have gone out of business liquidated their inventory, or transitioned to online-only sales can be found by searching for wholesalers that specialize in this type of product.
Here below are the tips for finding a Reputable Liquidation Pallet Wholesaler:
Find a liquidation company that is near your home. Many factors dictate whether a liquidation company will be close, such as proximity to your loading dock and the cost of transportation.
2. How to contact
Check out their website, or they may also have a phone number listed on the website.
Liquidators will usually charge by the pallet, so don’t be surprised if you find yourself in line with other buyers waiting for an opportunity to purchase pallets at below-market prices! The more pallets you order at once, the lower your per-unit price will
4. Check pallet quality
Inspect the pallets on arrival. Make sure that all of your pallets are in good condition and that there is no significant damage to the wooden structure. If you have purchased a questionable quantity, then it is best to return them and have another shipment delivered so as not to lose money on poor-quality wood products you are buying at below-market prices.
Pallets are inspected before they come into your facility and if there is any damage you can refuse the shipment, depending on your contract with the liquidator you’re working with.
5. Check product labels
Liquidators have access to pallets that have been returned by multiple companies. These pallets may contain products with damaged labels. Their job is to take out the old product and replace it with a new label.
Some simple steps you can take are to check the product inside, or if you are unsure about the quality or safety of the products, then ask for a sample to be sent to your facility so you can test it yourself.
Some Additional Tips:
- Search the internet for “liquidation pallet wholesaler” and see what comes up.
- Search Google Maps, Yahoo, Bing, and other search engines to find the closest liquidation pallet wholesalers in your area.
- Search online auctions to find wholesale liquidation pallets that are available. You can also search online classifieds to search for them in your local newspaper or a local online classifieds service (i.e., Craigslist and eBay).
- Alternatively, if you are located near warehouses that stock wholesale products, try to go to the warehouse yourself and find liquidation pallets.
- Go to your local chain retail stores and ask for their contact information for their supplier of liquidated merchandise.
- Be sure to check the shipping policy of the company before doing business with them, as this can play a large role in your decision-making process on which liquidation pallet wholesaler you should buy from.
- Check the reviews of the company on Google, Yahoo Answers, and other review services to see what other people’s experiences were with them.
- Also be wary of companies that provide you with a catalog of products that they have to sell, since calling them at random may provide no one to talk to or no one who knows about the products being sold. Make sure you have a contact phone number for them (i.e., a live person and not just an answering machine) or a way to communicate with them online about their products if you decide to purchase from them.
- Try to use a liquidation pallet wholesaler that is already located close to you for shipping purposes.
Tips for Liquidation Pallet Wholesalers:
- Be honest and upfront with your customers about how much you charge for shipping and how long the process tends to take. You can’t hide this information from them forever, since many companies will just go work with another liquidation pallet wholesaler who tells them everything upfront and does not hide any information from them.
- Proactively update your customers on the status of their order, as well as the tracking information of their shipment if they bought their products online or through another method that would require tracking information.
- Greet your customers when they arrive and help them if they are having issues with their order, such as with a damaged box or missing components that were not the fault of the buyer.
- Be honest about your company and all the information you can find out about it if you have any questions of concerns to your customers. You may find that you have similar companies as clients, so be sure to tell them about how great their products are before they buy from you and help spread good word-of-mouth for yourself to get more business.
- Be sure to have a good website and name that communicates what your business is all about, how it is run, where you are located and how long you have been in business.
- You may wish to set up an online forum for your customer’s use as an online public relations tool for plying your liquidation pallet wholesaling business.
In conclusion, these were some tips for finding a reputable liquidation pallet wholesaler. Understanding these criteria and asking the right questions will ensure that you get the right product for your needs!
Remember that your needs will change as your business grows, so it’s important to do your research and choose wisely so you don’t end up wasting money on something else down the line. We hope this has been helpful.